Thursday, December 17, 2009

A TRIP TO THE CONCRETE JUNGLE: PART 2


I am not sure why I took a picture of this theater, but I realized the other day that this same theater is mentioned in an iPhone TV commercial. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Ted Kapusta knows what I'm talking about. (Click on Ted Kapusta's name above if you want to know what I am talking about as well.)

One of the most inconvenient things about booking lodging that is a more than a few subway stations away from the tourist's playground is that bathrooms aren't just readily available. (And, to be honest, I didn't want to have the misfortune of ending up somewhere where I'd have to end up tipping someone after using the bathroom.) However, Kristen and I did discover that there is a place in Times Square dedicated entirely to free restrooms. It is temporarily open during the holidays until New Year's due to the increased volume of tourists during this time of year. They even have mascots outside of the building trying to encourage tourists to use the restroom. This totally cracked me up!



A restroom search on a different portion of the trip led us to FAO Schwartz, a toy store that is currently home to the walking piano made famous in the movie Big. This bad boy was for sale. Guess how much?



Have you made your guess yet?

Last chance....

Friends, this big-ass doormat piano costs a whopping TWO-HUNDRED-AND-FIFTY-THOUSAND-DOLLARS!!! (You may now go change your underwear. I'll hold your place for you.)



Across the street from FAO Schwartz, I snapped madly away to capture the home of the Home Alone 2 movie: The Plaza Hotel.





In nearby Central Park, there is a pretty statue. (Wikipedia says it is of William Tecumseh Sherman; I wouldn't have otherwise known...)


And here Central Park and I pose for a casual photo.


We're BFF, Central Park and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment