Wednesday, February 17, 2010

BIRTHDAY + VALENTINE'S = BIRTHVALENTINE'S!

I haven’t really felt like blogging lately, mostly because so many things have transpired in the past month that I don’t even know where to begin. But I guess I will begin somewhere and give a fast-forwarded update.

First, an update on Jerm’s career change, in as few words as possible:

Jerm quit his accounting job to pursue a teaching career.

Jerm accepted a teaching position.

Jerm hated teaching.

Absolutely. Hated. It.

Jerm quit the teaching position.

Jerm is currently looking for another accounting job. He had an interview this morning, and we are keeping our fingers crossed.

I don’t really feel like this is my story to tell, but I can say that this prospective career change has been one huge learning lesson which has changed our life. We were forced to step back and assess many things – how to successfully live on a student income, how to merge two bank accounts into one without killing each other, how to more effectively communicate when things are not exactly seen eye-to-eye, what makes us happy, what we want for our future – and the list goes on and on. Ultimately, I believe that the change has been beneficial for our relationship and has brought us closer together, even if it may not have been the most optimal career move on Jerm’s behalf. So beneficial, in fact, that I did not want to kill him (even secretly) when he informed me that teaching was not the fulfilling and dreamy career that he had idolized for so long.

Now, that’s not to say that I didn’t want to give him a swift kick in the butt or a random slap-chop to the back of the head. I just didn’t want to kill him.

In other news, somebody had his 26th birthday this past Friday. Such a big boy!



I meant to take pictures of all of the birthday get-togethers but I only remembered my camera on our first dinner out.

These are my grandparents that I have inherited through marriage. I only mention this because these two people have accepted me as their granddaughter from the moment I have met them, and we are very close even though the marriage that brought us together has dissolved. They are wonderful and supportive and are so very, very special to us.



The birthday boy and me. I do not sacrifice sleep to get up and get ready, which only matters when picture-taking is involved. (I was trying to avoid a disclaimer but I. just. couldn't. resist.)



Special thanks to everyone who took us out to lunch/dinner to make Jerm's birthday special. We love you guys very much!

For Valentine's Day, Jerm and I joined forces to start/wrap up some painting/cleaning projects which we had started in the previous week. But I'll post more about that later.

Happy BirthValentine's Day, my love!







1 comment:

  1. I think that shirt I was wearing as a young child was a sign of things to come: every time you lay your head on my chest it's like being in paradise! Bahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete