Monday, February 22, 2010

CHANGE IS A-COMIN'!

Blogging has currently taken the backburner to my studies and an impending schedule change. Beginning next week, I will be working at what I like to consider "med school boot camp". Basically, I will spend one month in surgery, one month in OB/GYN, and two months in Internal Medicine. The hours are long, I will have to work nights, and I will be working many consecutive days without breaks.

I am excited! (Not so much about the schedule, but I think it is a great learning opportunity and a way to get some hands-on experience!)

Unfortunately, I am also working this week and upcoming weekend at the hospital and am in the midst and preparing for two exams on Friday. So, needless to say, I have been trying to spend any and all free time with Jerm and the doggies.

Here is a very brief picture-story glimpse of what's been going on since I took my test earlier this month:

Jeremy and I painted our bedroom a new color. It is a grayish-blue (steel blue, if you will - even though the second picture makes the color look lighter), and we are very happy with the results.




It took us a few weeks to bring this project into fruition, and we still have a lot of things that we want to do as far as decorations are concerned. However, time and budget constraints will likely turn this into a slow-and-steady process.

I found some great curtains on JCPenney.com for $14.99 each and bought two for each window in our room. We have managed to hang one curtain, but I have yet to iron out the wrinkles from the packaging so no pictures for the blog! As a teaser, here is the website picture of the curtains. They are not this color!



Also, here is a picture of the lamps that I want from JCPenney.com. These are quite pricey, and they totally lose the battle on the scale of practicality. But I love them a whole bunch. A whole, whole, whole, whole bunch.



When our room is decorated to its full potential, I promise that I will post all about it. I'm not sure when the process will be finished, but it will get finished someday.

I have it all planned out in my head. (Don't I, Jerm?)

More pictures about another decorating project to come tomorrow or Friday or sometime this weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love the new color of your bedroom. How soothing! :) Secondly, thank you for leaving a comment! I was so happy to see your face and find your blog. Yay!

    ReplyDelete