Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HUMP DAY

Anyone know the origins of the naming for this day of the week? I’ve always thought that Wednesday was a peculiar word and wanted to write something cutesy about how it came to be. However, after reading Wikipedia’s take on it, I have decided that I am too much a simpleton and think that I will just post the link. You're welcome for that future question you get correct while watching Jeopardy or Cash Cab.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wednesday


So today was my first day of rotations, and I have to say that I am definitely going to get used to this lifestyle. I found out yesterday that the physician I am shadowing only works half-days on Wednesdays, and I get this Friday off for the holiday. I did a happy, shake-my-booty dance after learning of these two glorious facts. Not kidding, though I might clarify that I learned of these things via the phone and in the privacy of my own home.

I planned to clean house all afternoon. Really, I did. But I had to run an errand to purchase a book for my rotation and take the vacuum in to be fixed. As it turns out, the vacuum wasn’t broken after all. Apparently the spinner-thing (and that’s as educated as I can get with vacuum terminology, folks) quits working sometimes if it gets stuck on something you are vacuuming over, like a rug for instance. Well, apparently there is a reset button that quickly resolves this problem. Guess that kind of knowledge comes to you as you read the owner’s manual, which explains why neither of us knew. Ha.

Tonight I am making chicken enchiladas for dinner, and they’re in the oven as we speak. I am happy that I get to practice being a wifey, if only temporarily.

Now if I could just get that cleaning house part down.

1 comment:

  1. What a great rotation!! Um, I had no idea vaccumm cleaners had a reset button. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete