Tuesday, September 15, 2009

FAMILY DINNER

Early mornings are giving me a swift kick to the (insert your own word here...c'mon, use that imagination!), something for which I am not prepared. Therefore, I am going to try to get to bed at a decent hour these next few weeks to ease the pain.

This past Sunday, Jerm and I had dinner with his family. His cousin and his wife flew back to Taiwan yesterday, and they cooked us all dinner before they left.

I took pics and will now share them with you.

This was a curry with tofu. I'll let you in on a little secret: I like tofu, but not when it is soft and squishy and in its more raw state. However, it was still yummy.


Pei cooking stir-fry. It was delicious!

This dish was called "barbecue beef", and I believe that they said it was a Japanese dish. (Not entirely sure, though, so don't quote me on that!) I didn't try it, but everyone else thought that it was really good. In fact, the instructions to eat it were as follows: wrap beef in lettuce, add cucumber with a dash of this Asian sauce that kind of resembled a spicy ketchup, and voila!

You see the dish on the very far left? Those were vegetarian potstickers, and they were AMAZING! So amazing, in fact, that I am going to be visiting the Asian market where they purchased them to get some for myself. Seriously -- I loved these!

No comments:

Post a Comment