Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FATTY CAKES NEEDS AN INTERVENTION

Okay, so I have a few confessions to make.

First of all, I have not been running once this entire month.

Oh, wait – now that I am typing this, I remember that I did go once or twice, but that is slightly insignificant considering that I am TRAINING FOR A HALF-MARATHON!

I have a truckload of excuses (the monsoon rains that have consumed us, getting off work late, having to drive and cat sit after work, getting home and eating dinner too late to run) but there is truly no excuse.

And that is not the worst of it.

I also have been eating like it is my ultimate lifelong aspiration to acquire Type II Diabetes.

You see, the hospital where I was working for the first three weeks has free food for students. Foods such as granola, and fruit, and eggs, and sausage, and biscuits for breakfast, followed by a buffet of foods for lunch and dinner. These include broccoli cheese soup and mashed potatoes and chocolate cake and coconut cream pie. And plenty of drinks, too, like chocolate milk and juice and pop.

But that is not all.

Remember my multi-cultural dinner in the last post? Well, I ever-so conveniently failed to mention that someone brought Lofthouse cookies to the party. Because we had bananas foster for dessert, not a single cookie was eaten.

These cookies are a crime against humanity: they are soft, delicious, heavenly cookies that induce a drug-like euphoria. They are glorious!


And I ate at least eight of the dozen cookies all by myself, people!

But that is not all.

This week, I am at a hospital that offers free donuts and bagels every single morning.

Free, I say!

And do you think I eat when I wake up at 4:30 so that I can make it to the hospital by 6? Heck, no!!! So I stuff my face with these sugary, carb-filled devil breads not just at breakfast, but also as a mid-morning snack, dessert at lunch, and a mid-afternoon snack.

There are other compulsive, reckless eating episodes that I do not care to mention right now, but I do want to thank all of my close family members and friendds.

So thank you.

Thank you in advance for not mentioning the weight gain. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment