Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NOT QUITE PROJECT RUNWAY, BUT...

I am on Day 2 of my Pediatrics rotation, and, though I am not sure that I love it, I sure do like it. It makes me happy when a parent asks, “So how many kids do you have?” after talking with them and examining their child. Then again, I am sure that I give myself away when a parent wants to discuss their newborn’s soft serve-like bowel movements, and I have no idea what to tell them.

I am learning, though.

This past Sunday I kind of panicked about the possibility of my schedule being hectic this month and had this urge to follow through with a project that I saw on Sweet Simplicity’s blog. (I don’t know how to create click-and-go hyperlinks, but I follow her blog which you can see on the sidebar.) I drove to Joann’s fabric/craft store, spent about 2 hours looking extensively for a material that both Jerm and I liked (sending him pics from my phone; he eventually got tired and told me to “just pick out a material that you like”), waited fifteen minutes in line only to find that I left my wallet at home.

Poop!

So thirty minutes later, I had the material in hand to make these bad boys for some bay windows in our kitchen. The quest started at 2pm (driving time and shopping time included) and ended a little after midnight. Oh -- and I successfully threaded a bobbin and a sewing machine on my own for the first time! Woo-hoo!


I love it that I have the flexibility to make curtains for the kitchen. Jerm and I want to eventually paint the kitchen, and this allows us to have curtains until we do so.

Who knows, maybe they'll stay even after we do paint.

2 comments:

  1. I think they look GREAT!! Seriously, amazing! I love the fabric that you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you want to go fabric shopping or want some sewing tips, give me a call!

    ReplyDelete