Monday, August 31, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE

Okay, I know that it has been almost a week since my last post and what’s the point of having a blog if you are going to leave it at home unattended, desperately hoping for a pat on the head or even a glance of acknowledgement when it could have been better off in someone else’s hands all along?

I am fully aware that I just typed a beast of a run-on sentence.

Friday night, I contemplated blogging, but I decided that the grogginess from a pasta coma extinguished any ability I had to form intelligible, multiple word sentences. Plus, we rented 17 Again with Zac Efron, and it was very important for me to weigh in on the artistic merit of this movie. Honestly, I thought it had some rather funny moments, but that could be the heightened effect of paying exactly $1.00 to see it. When you divide that by the two people who were watching it (Not going to name any names, but as much as he may want to deny it he was watching it too), this amount is reduced to $0.50 per person. So for fifty cents, not too bad.

Saturday, Jerm and I dragged ourselves out of bed and made it to our early morning run with Runner’s World. The trail that day consisted of six miles of intermittent, hellacious hills. Jerm hasn’t been running very consistently since his ankle sprain, and I was quite concerned when I finished and he didn’t arrive in a reasonable amount of time. So I grabbed him a cup of Gatorade and started backtracking along the course. About a mile in, I started to get worried that something had happened, only to discover minutes later as he pulled up beside me in the car that he had cut out at 4 miles and took a little trip to QuikTrip. You didn’t put that little bit on your Facebook status, did you Honey Bunches of Oats?

No picture was taken, but if you need some sort of image to help you get a better idea of the run, please imagine scar tissue forming bilaterally around my hip bones. Bloody hills!

Saturday I took a rather spontaneous trip to Stillwater to visit Courtney, a very good friend who has just started graduate school at OSU to pursue a Master’s in Family & Marriage Counseling. The trip was supposed to be a study-filled day with a rewarding evening of eating out and fun times. In our defense, there was a few hours of studying; however, most of the time was spent catching up and doing fun things like eating food and hanging pictures. Isn’t it funny how you don’t know how much you miss someone until you hang out with them?

This is Courtney and me in NYC. She used to live there, and I had an opportunity to visit her last November. It sure was cold but SO fun. P.S. – Madame Toussad’s is overrated. (Sorry about the teensy size of the pic. I don't know how to change it nor do I have the time to figure out how right now)


Well, that pretty much sums up the weekend. I've got a busy week ahead -- I start the first day of my Pediatric rotation tomorrow, and Jerm and I are planning on the arrival of some family members who live out of the country.

Stay tuned, folks. That is, if I manage to knick knack, paddy wack throw the blog a bone.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard about Jeremy going to QT and not writing about that on facebook! haha!

    ReplyDelete