Sunday, August 23, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE

Laundry isn’t that bad, if there aren’t fifteen loads piling up by the laundry room door. A good friend nailed it after I texted that my laundry situation was desperate: “I hate it when it reaches that point. Resorting to looking for stains and smelling clothes to see if they pass for ‘work’.“

I laughed so hard when I read this because it is exactly what my laundry situation was before this weekend.

I didn’t make it to my run on Saturday morning and have an army of excuses, but the truth of the matter is that I love me some sleep. 5:30 is just too early to wake up on a weekend morning. Is that such a crime? I am still running on my own during the week, but I will admit that I am slacking on my long runs.

Other than doing laundry, Jerm and I have had the laziest weekend. I cleaned the kitchen and then, appropriately, got in a cooking/baking mood and experimented with several recipes throughout the weekend. What better way to celebrate a clean kitchen than by messing it up over and over?

On the experimental menu this weekend: (I "borrowed" the pictures since I did not take my own.)

Blueberry walnut pancakes. There is no recipe; I just added blueberries and walnuts to a traditional pancake batter. We ate these with fresh strawberries and whipped-cream on top. Yum!



Spinach dip made with tofu. Yep, you read that right:tofu. I decided to try this recipe because it has lower calories and fat than other recipes. The tofu is blended with cheese and milk in a blender which results in a creamy mixture that you add to a spinach and onion sautee. I have to say it was pretty good with added spices. I ate some with baked tortilla chips and froze the rest for a future lasagna or pizza or whatever. I'll let you know how that goes. If you care for the recipe, shoot me an email.


And, last but not least, I was in a very peanut butter-y mood and just had to make these:




I may dislike laundry, but I will never dislike food. :)

1 comment:

  1. You did have a busy baking weekend! Those pancakes sound delish!

    ReplyDelete