Tuesday, August 4, 2009

RANDOM TIDBITS

#1
Jerm is in Houston this week for training. Sadface.


#2

This is the alarm clock when I woke up yesterday morning, shortly after Jerm informed me that we were going to be leaving in 10 minutes for the airport. Unfortunately, I stayed up until 12:30 and had convinced myself that I was going to take a short nap when I returned home; however, I was too excited about the first day of my new rotation and could not go back to sleep.

I have yet to recover.


#3

We have recently decided that we are going to train the dogs to stay off the furniture. Though it has been difficult and saddens me when they look up at me like, “Mom, what did I do?” when I have to speak to them in a firm and authoritative man voice, it is in the best interest of our couch and any guests visiting wearing black or dark colored clothing. I couldn’t help but snap this picture of them on Sunday.

#4
It is only the second day, but I am pretty sure that I am going to die of boredom on my rotation this month. I am working in a pediatric Psychiatry clinic, and this is the summary of my day: Follow the doctor out of her office while she calls a patient’s name; go back into her office and sit on a couch and watch her review the patient’s medications with them; follow them out and repeat the scenario with a new patient. I am not getting to look at the chart beforehand to know the patient’s history. I am not getting to see what the heck she is writing after the patient leaves. I don’t even get to see what she is writing on the script pad. I just sit there, and I am thinking that maybe that it is fate that I was placed in this type of setting because it is completely obliterating any desire I would ever have to choose this specialty.

#5

Did you know that the PAC is giving out twenty orchestra tickets for $25.00 each two hours before each showing of Wicked? Well, I have been to the lottery three times and haven’t won one single time. I went today thought that maybe if I willed them to draw my name then it would be done. Guess what? I was wrong.

#6
40-oz bag of peanut butter M&Ms, why can't I quit you?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. What a horrible rotation! :(
    Good luck with the Wicked tickets! I hope you don't give up and win some!!

    ReplyDelete