Sunday, August 2, 2009

WHAT DO I HATE MORE THAN A MESSY HOUSE? CLEANING A MESSY HOUSE!

I've decided that having a messy house is analogous to a bald spot in the ol' brows after an overzealous tryst with the tweezers: it's only a problem if someone else notices.
*************************************************************************************
Saturday, Jerm and I experienced an unprecedented, hell-froze-over event in our marriage. In the almost three years that we have been married, the possibility of day like Saturday would have evoked a mutual scoff, a roll of the eyes, or, like before, absolutely no acknowledgment at all.

We cleaned without being provoked to do so.

That’s right. No upcoming big family-get-together, no social shindig, no hurry-someone’s-at-the-door-put-the-three-week-old-pizza-boxes-in-the-trash moment. Nothing. We cleaned for absolutely no reason other than just to clean.

It’s not like we planned the event, but a few glances at these pictures will quickly give you an idea as to why it was time to be proactive. (I can't believe I am posting these!)

How did all of this crap get on the counters and table?


...and the living room?


And so it was our mission to convert the frat house back into a home...

Jerm is sweeping up Puffy, our third dog who comes to visit us every once in a while.


I mopped the floor by hand (by hand!) after Jerm swept, but did I get a picture as a reward for all of my low-back-pain-inducing, joint-aching hard work? Nope, because somebody was in the office on the internet while I was ever so painfully slaving away. I believe the conversation went something like this:
Me: “Jerm, if you are going to sit on your butt while I am pulling a Cinderella, the least you can do for me right now is take a picture of me mopping the floor for the blog!”
Jerm: (crickets chirping)

My response came about 20 minutes later when I had moved on to vacuuming the furniture. Jerm grabbed the camera and took about fifty million pictures like this one.

Me: “Are you being a smart ass?”
Jerm: “No, because if I were, I would be doing this….”
And he proceeded to move in front of me, crouch down on the floor like some fashion photographer, and snapped a million more pictures of me while shouting, “Vork it, girl!” in a crazy accent a million times over.

I couldn’t help but laugh.

He also left me a little surprise on the camera just for the blog. I had no idea these pictures were on here until I uploaded them yesterday evening. They are totally LOL-tastic.




I also thought that since he was so willing to take those pictures, he wouldn’t mind me posting a link to this lovely video. (Copy and paste it in a new browser...you won't be sorry!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCagw9R_0g
He thought I was taking a picture, but I secretly was video recording. : )

So what did a whole day of heavy duty cleaning get us?
A clean kitchen!

...a clutter-free table!

...a clean living room!



...and one heck of a relaxing Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Ty and I are both cluttered people. I wish we were clean freaks! Your house looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my family would care enough to help us live clutter free. I get so depressed I don't even care anymore myself. Clean one day in the month and back to the same old crap. :`((((

    ReplyDelete