Friday, August 21, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!

Majority of this week’s evenings have been spent making invitations to a baby shower that I am hosting for a cousin in September. I love making invitations and am glad that I had time to do it. I did consider buying them but learned quickly that I could make my own for less and they would look much cuter. I think they are adorable, of course, but cannot show the entire invitation due to the nature of the information on it. (Also, sorry it's blurry...)


This is my first baby shower to host, and I am pretty excited. Unfortunately, I am kind of worried that I may not be able to be off “work” that day since I have yet to start my rotation for September. If that is the case, however, I will just have to get everything ready and have my mom or grandmother take over.
I am thinking about trying to make my own fondant out of marshmallows and powdered sugar. I have used fondant before when I made a Guitar Hero cake for Jerm’s birthday last year but have never made it. I wanted to post a picture of the cake from last year, but Jerm put it on our external hard drive, and I cannot find it.
Oh, well.
I would love to post more, but I am going to get ready for bed so that I (knock on wood) get up for my early run in the morning. I’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment