Sunday, November 8, 2009

A GOOD FALL WEEKEND

I feel like the gap between my last time-invested blog is so big that I don't even know where to begin.

Since my weekdays are spent working and staying in an unfamiliar, pseudo-comfortable place, my entire weekends have been spent at home with Jerm and the dogs. I have found that I am highly attached to the comfort that accompanies doing nothing in particular at home, even though it makes for some boring blog material. : )

A few pictorial/editorial updates:

Jerm and I attended a Halloween party on a last-minute whim. I bought a six-dollar wig and butchered it so I would have shorter hair, bangs, and some extra hair for that lovely piece of art on top of my head. Can you guess who we are?



Lady Gaga and the paparazzi! Jerm had a camera and some sweet sunglasses as a part of his ensemble but, unfortunately, was not wearing them in this picture.

On Halloween evening, we handed out candy to the cutely dressed neighbor kids and watched the OSU game. This was an opportunity for burgers, potato salad, baked beans, home-made guacamole and salsa, and chips. Every once in a while, I crave these type of lake/potluck/tailgating foods, and this instance did not disappoint. Kristen and I tried our hand at making instant pies with pecan sandie crusts, but let's just say that those recipes (granted, we kind of "winged" it) have found their eternal resting place somewhere other than my kitchen. So much for trying to save calories! Anyone got a good tried-and-true french silk pie recipe that they want to share?

A weekend favorite: taking the canine children out for a leisurely car ride. The weather has been amazing, and the girls LOVE to ride in the car. We also like to take advantage of Sonic's happy hour. Gotta love those half-price drinks!


Are you snoring yet?

I know these menial details of my life don't make for a very interesting blog, but they are all I can conjure up in the few minutes that I have. My mid-week evenings this month will be spent working late, and, with limited internet access, I simply just run out of time.

So, with that being said.....

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment