Sunday, June 7, 2009

FUN-FILLED WEEKEND

Friday afternoon started off with some yard work with Jerm, and the discovery of the spider that you saw in the previous post. Yuck! I am proud to say that I used our weed-eater for the first time since we purchased it this past spring. It took me a little longer than Jerm usually does because the last time I weed-eated was probably ten years ago or so. I re-learned a valuable lesson: wear jeans!

Isn’t weed-eated such a weird word? I felt like I was using the wrong tense of the word just now. I weed-ate? Ha!

Friday evening, Jerm and I went to my belated birthday dinner with my mom and her husband and his two children. We ate at Ted’s Escondido CafĂ© and then watched Paul Blart, Mall Cop back at their house. Jerm and I then played outside with the kids, which was actually more fun than watching the movie. The kids are coming over to our house later this week and staying the night. I am pretty excited!

Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early to arrive at the Runner’s World running group by 6:45. We have decided that we are going to train for the half-marathon in November together and so we both ran with the beginner half-marathon group for a total of 3 miles. Jerm totally kicked my butt most of the run, but I caught up with him at the end and we finished together. I meant to take a picture of us on our first day of training together but totally forgot. I’ll try to take one tomorrow, on our second official run together.

After the run, we decided to go to look for paint for the bathroom. We decided that we wanted to go with either a brown or blue hue to match the shower curtain. However, after speculation over many color possibilities, we couldn’t find one that we absolutely loved so we just decided to stay the same color and buy some cuter accessories. Well, that latter part came out of my mouth more so than Jerm’s. Can’t you just imagine him saying, “Why don’t we just buy some cuter accessories?” Instead of paint, we did buy a special accessory for our house that we have been considering for a long time. Jerm installed it this morning, and I love it!



Jerm played basketball Sat afternoon and Kristen and I went and got a ‘we’re done with boards!’ manicure and pedicure at this crappy nail salon in Sapulpa, OK called CA Nails. I only say crappy because the lady who was doing Kristen’s pedicure painted flowers on her toes without asking her and then charged her an additional $5.00 for it! Kristen told the lady that she needed to let her clients know that it was going to cost them $5.00 extra before painting the flowers on. Did the lady still charge her? Yes! I am really appalled at the dishonest business tactics of this company and will never go back. Again, it is called CA Nails. Don’t go there!

Sat night Jerm and I went on a date to the drive-in movies on Admiral to see Up and Terminator. However, when we arrived, we were quite surprised to find out that the second feature was the Hannah Montana movie instead! We enjoyed Up but decided not to stay after that. I highly recommend the drive-in movie for anyone who is looking for a less expensive alternative to seeing a movie this summer. You can take your own snacks and you get to see two movies instead of one. Adults are $7.00 and children (12 and under or 11 and under, I can’t remember which) are $2.00. They accept cash only.

Today was spent having a belated birthday lunch with Jerm’s family. Check out this card that Jerm’s grandmother gave me. She couldn’t find a card with the right words so she got this one and added her own personal touch. I was so tickled by this card, and I absolutely LOVE IT!



After lunch, we all went to the movies to see Madea Goes to Jail. Now, I know this may seem quite funny that we went to see this movie, but Jerm’s grandmother, aunt, and I all enjoy Tyler Perry movies. I didn’t think it was as good as Diary of a Mad Black Woman, but it had some funny Madea moments. For those of you who haven’t seen any of these movies, I have three words for you: Don’t be hatin’. Ha!

Well, I guess this pretty much sums up my weekend. It was truly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing weekends I’ve had in a long while.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment