Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TO-DO LIST TUESDAY

My plans for the past two days have been to clean and get organized, but somehow I’ve managed to get very little done. I spent most of Monday doing a load of laundry here and there while trying to wrangle the dishes that had piled up in the kitchen. I also managed to go grocery shopping and make a tasty dinner of black bean burgers with baked sweet potato fries. I baked the fries to try to be healthier, and they were good; however, I am pretty sure that they would have been awesome if they were fried. Guess they call them fries for a reason!

Yesterday Jerm and I also completed our second run together. We ran 3 miles on Riverside on a course which included the 71st bridge. Great idea in theory, but not so much while running up that wretched hill with exhaust fumes permeating each breath. Even then, though, I enjoyed the run and felt accomplished afterward. Here is our first "official" 2009 Route 66 half-marathon training photo, taken at home after the run.




Today was about as uneventful as yesterday, with the most interesting part of my day being the “Mom haircut” that I received at the salon today. I only say this because my hair is shorter than I wanted and pretty much the same length all around. Jerm says it is not as bad as I am making it sound -- and it probably isn't -- but he sure had no problem making fun of my own thoughts about the cut. Case in point:

Jerm (said as I am walking out of our bedroom): Why are you looking like that?
Me: Like what?
Jerm: Like a mom.
Me: Shut it.

I thought one of the two people who actually read this blog might want to see a pic so I am going to post two.

First, a pic of the actual hair cut.


And, secondly, a picture to prove that I am not just posting the first one out of vanity.


So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment