Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS, PART II

So what happened after Crystalle hits the neighbor’s truck and rips up some of the garage framework?

Well, the kiddos and I went ahead and went to the drive-in. While we were there, I received a phone call from a number that I didn’t recognize, and I figured that it was probably the neighbor calling. I didn’t answer because the Xterra speakers were blaring with movie dialogue, and I am pretty sure that we would be unable to hear one another anyway.

And I was scared to hear what he was going to say.

My phone then beeped to let me know that I had a new voicemail, and I just had to check it. So I plugged one ear to hear and prepared myself for the worst.

“Hey, Crystalle, this is Mr. Neighbor Guy, and I just wanted to call and let you know that my father-in-law looked at the truck, and it has hail damage and my mother-in-law has run into something on the right side and so he just said not to worry about it. Have a good night!”

That was GREAT news! Now if only I could figure out how to get this whole garage thing worked out, it would be double great. Or triple great or quadruple great or infinity you’re it no tag backs great!

So Friday after the kiddos left, Jerm and I were on a mission to find the pieces we needed to fix the garage door. First stop: Lowe’s. They had weatherstrip there that was similar to what we needed but it was not the right size and so we were off to Home Depot. And what did we find at Home Depot? Nothing. Where the heck did our part come from then?

Saturday brought my answer. After unsuccessfully searching every internet site possible about weatherstrip, I finally got the bright idea to go look at our garage door and see if there were any clues. And there it was, right on a sticker hanging out on the garage door: Your garage door was installed with pride by Ricky Bobby (names changed to protect the innocent). For any questions call the Overhead Door Company.

The Overhead Door Company!

That was it! I just knew it. And so I called the number on the garage door, and…they were closed until Monday. Well, poop. Guess I would have to wait until Monday.

So I woke up early yesterday morning to call this company that I just knew would have my answer. And I was right! I was told that I could come by and pick up the part at any time during the day. So I left immediately and drove out to Admiral to get the part. And guess what? It only cost $15.00. Fifteen freakin’ buckaroos! That was truly great news. Like Tony the Tiger Grrrrrrrreat or like the circumference of the earth times a million great or like start a musical in the middle of the garage warehouse great.
IT WAS GREAT!

So I left the garage door company thankful and empowered and ready to tackle the garage door project. I got about a mile down the road and BAM! Can you possibly imagine what that BAM! might have been?

I’ll give you hint: It was not Emeril coming over to cook chili mac for John and Kate plus 8 .

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you left a comment! I had no idea you had a blog. I love having new blogs to visit!

    ReplyDelete