Saturday, May 16, 2009

25 Things About Me

Since my current daily routine is not very interesting, I am recycling something I posted on a different online social network a few months ago.

25 Things About Me:

1. I really enjoy bathroom humor.
2. Speaking of the bathroom: When I was younger, I once tested out the efficiency of the GI tract by taking a penny and a bead with me into the bathroom. I hastily swallowed these objects, one by one, and planted myself on the toilet, waiting for them to come out. For the record, the GI tract is not as efficient as a child assumes.
3. I am a housewife at heart. I love to cook/bake, relish in the productivity of cleaning, and enjoy decorating and being crafty.
4. If you saw my house, though, you would think I am the anti-housewife. I need a house biotch.
5. I tend to say curse words a little more than is suggested in the ‘Classy Lady’s Handbook for Life’. #1 also doesn’t help me out, either.
6. I’ve had my nose pierced in undergrad. However, I was twisting the nose ring and it fell out; I couldn’t get it back in and took it as fate.
7. I am a closet fan of those trashy celebrity gossip websites.
8. I am a vegetarian simply because it is what is right for me.
9. I once played trumpet, and I was never really any good at it.
10. I grew up wanting to be an elementary teacher. And then I thought I wanted to become fluent in multiple languages and travel and so I decided to enter college as an International Business major. And then in my first week of college, I switched to Music Education. And then after my first semester, I switched to English and thought I would teach again. But then I realized I didn’t want to teach and so I majored in Microbiology. And then I thought I wanted to become a physician, very strongly considered the Peace Corps, and now look where I am. Sometimes I still think I would enjoy being a Science teacher.
11. Leaving my two dogs behind was a strong consideration in deciding not to join the Peace Corps. Seriously.
12. Every now and then that girl who wanted to travel and speak multiple languages flares up.
13. I am a simpleton and not afraid to admit it.
14. Sometimes my common sense goes on vacation. When I got a PikePass for the very first time and drove to Stillwater, I missed the exit because a sign read, “Exact change only”, and I had no change.
15. Jeremy’s nose started bleeding the very first ever time we kissed, and I was grossed out…but played it cool.
16. I really enjoy to eat. Though I am a vegetarian, I am not always a healthy one. (See caramel apple pic below. At least it has apples in it!!!)
17. Jeremy and I bought Christmas lights last year when they went on sale after the holiday. We are going to put them up this year, and I can't wait!
18. I love to be treated to massages, manicures, pedicures, etc. but am too practical to pay for these things on a frequent basis. Practicality is also another reason I will never be a “fashionista”; I have a threshold for how much I will spend on articles of clothing and shoes. Oh -- I will NEVER own a Coach purse...I will always be a kool-aid girl even if I have a champagne budget!
19. I enjoy Story People books by Brian Andreas.
20. I love the smell of pine-sol and gasoline. But not together, for the record...
21. My car’s name is Beaulah.
22. I am not very good at keeping in touch with friends, and it is never intentional.
23. I ran a half-marathon this past November and am making it a goal to run in the Route 66 marathon next November. Want to do it with me?
24. I LOVE Mexican food. This is an understatement. Seafood, not so much.
25. I don’t care what anyone says about the breed; my Jack Russell , Lucy, is the cutest, most lovable, cuddle-bunny of a lap dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment