Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CASE OF THE WEDNESDAYS

Fourteen days left until I take the exam that will determine if I get to move on to clinical rotations. How do I feel? Slightly anxious but mostly ready to get it over with. I am starting to see the effects of all of this studying as my eyes morph into an older version of themselves. Good thing that it’s nothing that a little sleep won’t remedy….for the most part.

Jerm and I attended a meeting on Monday to join a running group to train for some upcoming running events throughout the year. I ran with them last year and trained for the Route 66 half-marathon. I think that I have decided that I am going to try to tackle the Route 66 marathon this upcoming November. However, I am still contemplating whether I want to run a half again before attempting a full marathon. I was pretty much a weekend runner in that last month leading up to the half-marathon due to a heavy test schedule (excuses, excuses!), and this is confirmed by the time it took me to finish.

Jerm is still in pre-contemplation mode as he decides if he even wants to train for any type of run, but he will be running with me at least one day a week. We are trying to find ways to spend more time together and have agreed to spend one day out of the week doing something that the other person wants to do. I have agreed to attend one of his basketball games in exchange for him running with me one day. I don’t understand the concept of “traveling” in basketball so it is best that I don’t play, but I sure can’t wait to use the fog horn I bought for the occasion. This will be a good way to incorporate two things that we would like to increase in our lives: spending more time together and finding ways to exercise more.

I’ve got to start studying for the day but wanted to say hello. HELLO!

1 comment:

  1. I told you have that metal!!! Pictures do not lie. I can't believe I was 36 weeks preggo in this picture! Time sure does fly by

    ReplyDelete