Sunday, May 24, 2009

THE BIG TWO-FIVE

This post is not going to be long, and I will likely not post again until after June 4th. However, I had to share with everyone what Jerm got me for my birthday.

Earlier in the week, Jerm told me that he needed to borrow my car for a work function that he had to attend this past Friday. Now, I have to admit that there were a few things that didn't add up in his request, and with it being close to my birthday and all, I couldn't help but be suspicious. So I thought that he was going to clean out my car, which was a much needed and very practical gift. I LOVE practical gifts in a 'would be super excited if you gave me 10 bottles of the shampoo I use for Christmas' kind of way, and cleaning out my car was going to be perfect because I didn't really want to do it myself anyway.

Friday rolls around, and I hit a wall and decide that I need a break. So what do I do? I decide that I am going to come home and spend a few hours helping Jeremy stain our fence. Studying for boards is that sucky, people.

So I drive home and what is sitting in my driveway? My car with tinted windows! TINTED WINDOWS.Freaking. Awesome.

I get out of the Xterra, hug Jeremy and squeal.

And then I open my car door, and what do I see?

A new radio with iPod hook-up. FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

I squeal some more.

And to top things off, the man cleaned out my car (or at least as much dog hair as he could). Absolutely glorious!

Sometimes the not-so practical gifts are a little bit more exciting.

I sure would still squeal over 10 bottles of shampoo, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment