Saturday, May 9, 2009

HELLO, BLOG WORLD!

For the past two years, my day-to-day life has been dictated solely by a test schedule. However, this ended as of 1:47 p.m. this past Wednesday.


I did not quit med school to frolic off to culinary school as my imagination sometimes guides me. I did, however, finish the LAST FINAL EXAMINATIONS THAT I WILL EVER HAVE TO TAKE IN MY LIFE!!! This is just absolutely ‘sit around in elastic waist-band pants for a few days eating Haagen Dazs and watching the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice’ glorious!


Except I won’t really be doing that, either.


Instead, I have jumped straight into the world of studying for Step 1 boards, which is a critical milestone for any about-to-be third year medical student who wishes to move on to clinical rotations. Day one was yesterday, which started at about 9 a.m. and ended at 7 p.m. It was a day full of fluctuating perseverance and self-pity, with a little glimpse of life after June 4th reminding me that these next twenty-five days aren’t going to last forever.


So what’s planned after June 4th? Just a few painting projects, mixed in with a little bit of detail house cleaning, followed by a vacation with Jerm. I start rotations in July and am looking at possibly going to Durant, Oklahoma for a whole month. I will visit local sites for the next three months after that until another month-long stint in Enid, Oklahoma in November. I am excited because I cannot wait to get my hands on this clinical medicine stuff I have spent the last few years cramming and forgetting. I am not-so-excited because this means I will have to be away from my beloved husband and doggies.


Until then, I guess I will just study.


And blog.


But study more.

No comments:

Post a Comment