Sunday, May 17, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE

The most memorable and favorite part of this past weekend was spent with family. Saturday was graduation day for two cousins, and I had the joy of enduring nine speeches about moving on from high school and succeeding in life and so on. Nonetheless, it was nice to take a break and see my family.

Today Jerm and I had the opportunity to also spend some quality time with his family while we went to visit his grandfather’s grave. This family is very much my own, and it was great to see family members on his side that we don't usually get to see on a regular basis.

Since I don’t have much time to write tonight (and this time is dwindling as the days get closer to boards), I have compiled some observations/experiences of the last few days:

1. Both graduation and the memorial trip had one thing in common other than getting to see family: I saw two – TWO!—people with mullets. It is one thing to mock the hairstyle as a social faux paus. It is another to actually see people sporting this killer hairstyle.

And by the way, I actually know someone who thinks that they invented the mullet.

2. Some of my family members are convinced I have trained my dogs to be vegetarians since Lucy would not eat a piece of hamburger meat that someone tried to feed her. This amuses me.

3. I have now officially met the fastest driving man over 80 years of age in Oklahoma. I highly suspect it might have something to do with the OHP sticker on the back of the ol’ Lincoln.

4. I am convinced that the hair style for women in the 65+ age group is coined the “Golden Girl”.

You know what I am talking about.



Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being a friend. Travelled 'round the world and back again. Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidante.

    ReplyDelete