Saturday, October 10, 2009

BABIES AND ANNIVERSARIES

I apologize for the gap in between blogs. I encountered technical difficulties last week when my computer charger decided that it no longer wanted to do its job. This issue superimposed itself on a battery life of thirty minutes without a charger, which did not leave me very much computer time.

Not that I would have had time to blog, anyhow.

I participated in my first C-section last Tuesday morning and then my second and third on Wednesday morning and evening,respectively. Wednesday unexpectedly turned into a fourteen-hour day, and, thankfully, tiredness quickly helped me become indifferent to the uncomfortable hospital bed that kept me awake the two nights previous.

I have a few internal observations/reflections about my experiences that I would like to share, but I am going to save them for another post.

Wednesday was also a big day for another reason: Jerm and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. I am usually not a flower type-of girl, but Jerm surprised me with these at the office where I am working. Being three hours away from home makes me vulnerable and overly-sentimental, and receiving these evoked warm feelings and scenes of us frolicking hand-in-hand in some ambiguously desolate field somewhere. In short, he made me feel special, and I loved them.


This weekend was also the celebration of another very special occasion. My grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary today, and our family orchestrated a party that has been months in the making. I was so busy running around that I ended up with very few pictures. In fact, the only picture I managed to take of them together is this one of them cutting their cake.


It has been a long and enjoyable day, and I am off to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment