Friday, October 2, 2009

FLYING HIGH

My pediatrics rotation has come to an end, and I have to say that I am quite relieved. These last few days seemed to have more screaming toddlers than the preceding month combined, and it was wearing me out. I definitely think the screaming patient-to-physician ratio just might play a role in my considering a specialty.

Jerm and I decided to take advantage of one-dollar admission to the fair last night. (Notice the title of the blog from the annoying jingle on the radio?) I took my camera but remembered half-way through our experience to take pictures. By the time these were taken, Jerm had already consumed an extra long corn dog and a turkey leg, and I was in the process of enjoying a delicious margarita.

Blooming onion with jalapeno-ranch dip. That dip was awesome, and I wished afterwards that we had ordered the jalapeno blooming onion instead.


This man here is my hunka-hunka burnin' love. I can only hope that our children inherit his blue eyes.



This ice cream is made from a process that uses liquid nitrogen, but all I really cared about was the thick and smooth consistency. So yummy!


This is Jerm's Rodney Dangerfield promotion of the funnel cake. "Hey, Moitha!(That's Martha in Dangerfield speak) Can I get a drink or what?"


I am leaving for Elk City on Sunday for a family practice /OBGYN rotation. Why the heck did I schedule an elective rotation three hours away from my husband, doggies, warm bed, and ever-present comfort zone? Ah, yes …because I felt that a rural elective would offer more opportunities for me to immerse myself in the practice of medicine and gain some hands-on experience. And also because I’ve heard great things about the physician with whom I am rotating.

I am sure the southwest quadrant of Oklahoma is going to be very interesting, to say the least. I will take plenty of pictures and keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully they don't inherit my nose. Cover that thing in nitrogen ice cream, and you could ski down it for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been singing that song non-stop! I love it. Ty hates it.

    Good luck in Elk City!

    ReplyDelete