Sunday, October 4, 2009

WELCOME TO ELK CITY

I arrived in Elk City this evening and managed to miss the hospital on my initial drive through town. It is called Great Plains Regional Medical Center, and I am very impressed by the facilities. The hospital is brand new and truly beautiful, from the wood floors to the earth tone color schemes.

When I arrived, a couple of nice nurses helped get me to my room.

One even gave me this lovely sign to put on the outside of my door...


...since there are no locks on the doors.


Wait a minute. Just what kind of room is this?

Folks, step into the luxurious, five-start accomodations of Great Plains Regional Medical Center. Complete with a complimentary feeling of, "I know this hospital is new and all, but has someone stayed (if you know what I mean) in this room before?".


But things are looking up!

The bathroom looks pretty nice. Anyone need your car washed?

I have my own personal nurse button in the restroom in case I need more toilet paper.(I need one of these at home!)

I also have my own abs machine. I believe it is one of those robotics machines where you have to lower and raise the head of the bed to get optimal results.

I have my own personal laptop desk.

And my own hospital-bed remote with a nurses button in case I need any popcorn or refreshments. The built-in dial-controlled volume is pretty awesome, too.


I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment